Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cheers to a (New) Beginning!

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Chinese New Year is big in Singapore. You would say it's obvious because most of them living here are Chinese! ^_^ But my indication? Long weekend (no work last Friday, Monday and Tuesday), Mall Super Sale (% signs plastered everywhere!), Shoppers doing their last minute shopping (I can feel the last-minute-shopping-vibe from everyone whenever I'm in a mall) and roads leading to Chinatown are closed for the weekend. I am looking forward to the Chinese New Year: the fireworks, the lion dance, the frenzy and the overflowing food! (Matet asked if there are pabuto (firecrackers) already, but so far I haven't heard a single firecracker... maybe later in the evening.) But I think am gonna spend it alone though because Miko's off to a reunion and Pixie has work. Of course, am half-thrilled, half-sad. Sad, because of the obvious, I'm alone but more thrilled because I'll go around the city (I am now near City hall and off to the National Library in a bit) and explore the unknown! I have always loved that feeling! :)

I think I found a new place where I can spend the whole day: The Library! The moment I first stepped on the Library, I fell in love with it! Imagine, rows and rows and rows of books that you can read, FOR FREE! And it's not a crappy library, mind you. It's better than my college library, CMC-UPD, and even Econ (I think they have the best library in UPD). It's just a community library but it still has the best book selection. They even have a large collection of Ficiton books and even Chicklit! Now, this is love... palaboys here in Singapore (there's not a lot, ha). Tomorrow, I shall look for a Baptist church near my place (Already found some). And tomorrow, I shall try to forget that it's Single Awareness Day (haha kailangan isingit) but I think it's not that hard to not think about it because Chinese New Year is bigger than St. Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day to all. Happy Chinese New Year! And Cheers to several new beginnings! :)

singapore 001 room 1

singapore 001 room 3

P.S. I took photos of my new place but as I have no laptop and internet connection at home, posting photos is out of the question.

3 comments:

Any thoughts, reader?

Related Posts with Thumbnails